Review of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy on various sectors: Press Note Published-Posted On: 18 SEP 2019 6:02PM by PIB Delhi
Important to Note: - Amendments in the Consolidated FDI Policy Circular of 2017 (FDI Policy), effective from August 28, 2017, and as amended from time to time.
% of Equity/FDI Cap
Coal & Lignite
1. Mining of Coal & Lignite.
2. Setting up Coal Processing Plants.
3. For sale of coal, coal mining activities including associated processing infrastructure
“Subject to the provisions of Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 and the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 as amended from time to time and other relevant Acts on the subject.”
1. Either self-manufacturing by the investee entity or contract manufacturing in India through a legally tenable contract,
A. Principal to Principal or
B. Principal to Agent basis.
Further, a manufacturer is permitted to sell its products manufactured in India through wholesale and/ or retail, including through e-commerce, without Government approval."
Single Brand Product retail trading
It would be subject to the following conditions:
1. Single Brand
2. That Brand is International and products are sold in one or more countries other than India with this Brand.
3.Branded during Manufacturing
4. Permitted to non-resident entities as well.
5. In respect of proposals involving foreign investment beyond 51%, sourcing of 30% of the value of goods procured, will be done from India, preferably from MSMEs, village and cottage industries, artisans and craftsmen, in all sectors.
6. For the purpose of meeting local sourcing requirement laid down at para above, all procurements made from India by the SBRT entity for that single brand shall be counted towards local sourcing, irrespective of whether the goods procured are sold in India or exported.
7. An SBRT entity operating through brick and mortar stores can also undertake retail trading through e-commerce subject to the condition that the entity opens brick and mortar stores within 2 years from date of start of online retail.
Digital Media - Uploading/ Streaming of News &Current Affairs
NOTE: The above decision will take effect from the date of FEMA notification.