1. Private Limited Company :- It is the most prevalent and popular type of corporate legal entity in India. Private limited company registration is governed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Companies Act, 2013 and the Companies Incorporation Rules, 2014. To register a private limited company, a minimum of two shareholders and two directors are required. A natural person can be both a director and shareholder, while a corporate legal entity can only be a shareholder. Further, foreign nationals, foreign corporate entities or NRIs are allowed to be Directors and/or Shareholders of a Company with Foreign Direct Investment, making it the preferred choice of entity for foreign promoters.
Unique features of a private limited company like limited liability protection to shareholders, ability to raise equity funds, separate legal entity status and perpetual existence make it the most recommended type of business entity for millions of small and medium sized businesses that are family owned or professionally managed.
2. Import Export (IE) Code is a registration required for persons importing or exporting goods and services from India. IE Code is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India.
3.Persons having import export code can apply for and obtain RCMC registration. Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a certificate that validates an exporter dealing with products registered with an agency/ organization that are authorised by the Indian Government. This is required to claim the export benefits available.
4. Trade License : A place of business within a State, Corporation or Municipality will require a trade license from the concerned State Government or Corporation or Municipality for operating. Rules and regulations pertaining to trade license varies from state to state.
5. MSME stands for micro, small and medium enterprises, the Government of India through various subsidies, schemes and incentives promote MSMEs through the MSMED Act.
6. GST : All entities involved in buying or selling goods or providing services or both are required to register for GST. Entities without GST registration would not be allowed to collect GST from a customer or claim an input tax credit of GST paid and/or could be penalised. However GST is mandatory once an entity crosses the minimum threshold turnover of starts a new business.
7.PF registration is applicable for all establishment which employs 20 or more persons. PF registration can also be obtained voluntarily by establishments having less than 20 employee.
8. ESI Registration for Employers having more than 10 employees.
9. Factory/Entrepreneur Memorandum (Deptt. of Industry)/ Consent of Establishment (COE)/ COP Pollution Deptt./ Contract Labour/ Town Country Planning/ Load Sanction (Electricity)/ Fire NOC- Establishment in Manufacturing activity.
10.Trade Mark - Your own Brand - First conduct search and Register